- Arrive promptly for class.
- If you will be absent from class, please telephone the school so that your instructor will know.
- "Make up" classes may be scheduled to take place only during regular class periods.
- Maintain personal cleanliness.
- Keep the school clean.
- Do not smoke in the school. If you smoke at all, it will slow your progress in kung fu.
- Exercise discretion when explaining to others about this school. Do not engender ill feelings or rivalry with students from other schools.
- Students may not teach to anyone outside of school, or reveal the information or methods learned in class.
Respect & Discipline
- Learn the Chinese names for general commands and for all the techniques you know.
- Bow before entering and leaving the school.
- When speaking or asking questions, address your instructor as "Sifu" (Pronounced "see-foo").
- Senior students should be addressed as "Sishung" (Pronounced "she-shong").
- When your instructor says "Attention!" stand with your back straight, arms at your sides, and look directly at your instructor.
- When your instructor addresses you, respond by saying, "Yes, sir."
- When asking a question, begin by saying, "Excuse me, sir."
- After receiving an answer, respond by saying, "Thank you, sir."
- Except to ask and answer questions of your instructor, talking is not allowed during class.
Student Safety Rules
- Students are required to wear clean and appropriate attire during class and open gym workouts.
- Jewelry, watches, rings, etc., may not be worn during class.
- Nails should be clipped short. If nails are too long you may injure yourself or a classmate.
Free Sparring Rules
- Sparring is not allowed except under the direct supervision of your instructor.
- No contact, except for light contact to protective gear, is allowed to the head, face, neck, or groin areas.
- Proper equipment, including headgear, mouthpieces, groin cups, and chest protectors must be worn at all times while sparring.
- No kicking or sweeping to the knee area is allowed.